Preparing for a CT scan of the sinuses is minimal. Some general guidelines to help you prepare are:
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Remove all detachable metals before the scan. This includes jewelry, hearing aids, piercings, etc.
- If your CT scan requires a contrast material(such as a dye or other liquid that helps your body part show up better in the pictures), you will need to fast for a few hours.
- Make sure you have reviewed your medical history and medications with your doctor before the scan is performed.
- If there is a possibility you are pregnant, please inform your doctor immediately.
Dallas ENT proudly offers the Carestream CS 9300 in-office CT scanner that provides immediate results and accurate diagnosis. Patients will receive hospital-quality care in the comfort of our office. Patients sit upright comfortably in a chair as the CS 9300’s overhead arm makes a single rotation around the head. Sinus imaging results appear on your ENT care professional’s computer monitor within seconds. The whole process takes only a few minutes. Based on the results, the ENT may be able to diagnose you with sinusitis or many other sinus conditions but they may also require further testing, like an MRI, if more information is needed regarding soft tissue.
Imagine the possibility and relief of being diagnosed in a matter of minutes. If you need a sinus CT scan, why bother with wait times and antiquated machines used in hospital settings when you can get results from the comfort of Dallas ENT’s office?
If you believe you have sinusitis or any other sinus condition, then it’s time to schedule an appointment with Dallas ENT. Let us help you get your life back.I want to schedule with Dallas ENT