Is Snoring Keeping You Up at Night?
Snoring will keep your nights sleepless and your days exhausting.
You might hear complaints from others all the time about your snoring, or maybe you aren’t even aware of the problem. Do you have trouble feeling like you got a good night's rest despite going to bed early? Do you wake frequently throughout the night? This could be directly related to being a chronic snorer. Millions of families suffer from the effects of snoring, with over 40% of men and 25% of women suffering from it. What might just seem like a minor annoyance could be creating serious health and relationship problems.
Why is snoring so serious?
Despite disrupting the sleep of others around you and their quality of life, snoring can become a major problem in other ways. Unmanaged snoring can cause other serious side effects such as:
- Sleepiness during the day
- Sore throat
- Restless sleep
- Trouble concentrating
- High blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeat
- Gasping or choking during sleep
How can I find Snoring Relief?
In order to find the true cause of your snoring, you must be evaluated by a professional. It is important to ensure that your snoring is not the result of something more dangerous. Although there are snoring remedies that work, at home methods or “anti snore” gadgets often just further disrupt your ability to sleep. Speaking with a doctor is the first step to finding any “snore cures” that may be available to you. Not only will it help get you real results, when you end snoring you will gain valuable time and sleep.
Why is snoring relief necessary?
Snoring is not just a health problem, it's a family problem. Snoring has been known to be a “relationship wrecker”. When you have been told by different people that you snore, it can be very embarrassing. Something so simple should not be causing the impact in your life that it is. Seeking treatment for your snoring can not only improve your days and the amount of sleep you get, but it can take great strain off your relationships.
Snoring treatment options:
When enough is enough, Dallas ENT can help determine the cause of your snoring and offer you the right treatment for your unique situation. Some of our most popular treatment that chronic snorers find relief with are:
- Injection Snoreplasty: a nonsurgical treatment that involves inserting a hardening agent into the upper palate. A floppy upper palate is known to cause the vibration that we know as snoring. This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and most patients should be able to return the next day.
- Elevoplasty: This minimally invasive outpatient procedure involves placing three suture implants in the soft palate of the mouth. This implant will lift and stiffen the palate and may reduce the severity of snoring in some patients.
- Celon Treatment: A quick and minimally invasive procedure done in the office setting. This procedure uses radio frequency to gently reshape the swollen turbinates that are causing snoring and congestion.
Are you an SOS (Spouse Of Snorer)?
Many times, it is not the snorers who are really affected by snoring. It is the spouses who have to live with the side effects. Unfortunately, they have to beg their partner to get snoring treatment and most who do are sent by their spouses. Before you move to the spare bedroom, put that pillow over them, kick them out of bed, or use white noise machines for sleeping - send them to Dallas ENT and stop letting them cost you valuable shuteye.