All hearing aids at Dallas ENT Head & Neck Surgery Center are fitted on a 30-day trial basis, regardless of whether you are a first-time user or an experienced wearer who wants to upgrade to more advanced technology. We believe allowing you to experience hearing aids in your own home and personal environment helps you to determine what is best for you. If for any reason you choose not to keep the hearing instrument during the trial period, it can be returned to the factory for credit and only a nominal fitting fee will be charged. Our professional team of audiologists are properly instructed on the correct use and care of your devices, and continually works with you so you can receive maximum benefits from your hearing aids.
Our Hearing Aid Products
Behind-The-Ear - (BTE) intruments are appropriate for hearing losses from mild to severe-profound. An earmold is required for these aids.
In-The-Ear - (ITE) hearing aid fills the outer portion of the ear and is appropriate for mild to severe hearing losses.
In-The-Canal - (ITC) hearing instrument is a smaller model than the full shell ITE and is appropriate for hearing losses from mild to moderately-severe.
Completely-In-The-Canal - (CIC) hearing aid is almost invisible. The appropriateness of this style of hearing aid is limited to the degree of hearing loss and ones manual dexterity.
100% Digital Technology - Our digital products range from $1500 - $3100 plus. Digitals are the best solution for the difficult listening situations you encounter.
The Impact of Hearing on Quality of Life
Communication, socialization, and a feeling of well being are strongly dependent on the sense of hearing. The personal impact of wearing hearing instruments goes beyond treatment of a hearing loss and is associated with the physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being of people of all degrees of hearing loss. According to the National Council on Aging (NCOA), amplification with hearing aids is positively related to the following quality of life issues:
- Improved interpersonal relationships
- Enhanced group social activity
- Increased belief that one is in control of one's life
- Improved emotional stability
- Improved overall health
- Reduction of discriminatory behaviors toward the person with the hearing loss
- Reduction in hearing loss compensatory behaviors
- Reduction in depression and depressive symptoms
- Reduction in introverted behaviors
- Reduced feelings of paranoia and anxiety
How can an audiologist help?
Your Audiologist is a professionally trained hearing expert with a master's degree. Audiologists specialize in evaluating your hearing & understanding ability. This allows us to help make sure that your hearing health is sound.
Qualified Audiologists hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
At your initial hearing assessment, you will be thoroughly evaluated to determine your communication needs. If the results indicate a hearing impairment, your Audiologist will provide the hearing care most effective for you.
Our Services Include:
- Diagnostic Hearing Testing for adults and children
- Instruments available in a wide range of hearing-aid technology, including programable and digital aids
- 30-day satisfaction period for all hearing aids
- Hearing aid rehabilitation and counseling
- Hearing aid checks and repairs
- Batteries for all hearing aids
- Hearing aid accessories & assistive listening devices
- Musician's ear plugs, sound protection devices, and swim plugs
- Cerumen (ear wax) management